Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Let Freedom Reign










"Let freedom reign", to quote our verbally challenged President, who himself was misquoting from Martin Luther King's "Let Freedom Ring" speech, when Bush was attending a UN conference regarding the situation in Iraq a year or two ago. Anyhow, freedom is coming for me soon! After a week and a half of constant writing of research papers and proposals, I'll will have completed my last paper late on Friday night, to be submitted by email. Then, no more papers, and no more classes! At least no more papers to write, but I'll then have 70 papers of Intro to Ethnic Studies students to read and grade, as part of my T.A. duties. I don't know why, considering how involved this seemed when I did the same for their mid-term exams 5 weeks ago, but for some reason I see it as light at the end of the tunnel. At least I won't be writing those papers, maybe that's the reason. Saturday morning, will be the beginning of the process of my emancipation!

And next semester will just be preparation for comprehensives, and my thesis. This can be done basically at my own pace, so I look forward to being able to actually slow down a little - and maybe even have a little time to think about what I am reading, writing, doing and saying. In any event though, Freedom is on the march, George Bush is the Decider, and I am almost done for the semester. Now, how could it get much better than that?

5 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

Im happy for you Frank, I hope youre planning to celebrate like never before once you finish it all. Also, if you can- plan an afternoon of nothing but sleep, even if you dont sleep dont do anything, just stare into space and encourage tumbleweeds to dance across your mind. Prented to be the pres for a day.

7:12 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

preach, my friend, preach! i am grading my last batch of finals now (or avoiding them at any rate). grades are posted tomorrow and then freedom shall reign for me too for 4 weeks. that's strategery right there.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Ah, to be the pres., Willowtree, I'd just delegate to Condi and Cheney, and stare at the tumbleweeds blowin' thru my mind. Then I'd eat a pretzel, and call it another day of "hard work".

I'll bet you're looking forward to reading things you like to read, Colleen, rather than things you have to read. I know I am. I've already got several books lined up and ready. Now if I could just arrange to be sent to a beach somewhere...

2:16 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Hey Frank, are you out partying still or locked away somewhere with a book? GC did this meme on her blog, totally music based. Youre always posting different music lyrics, would you be interested in doing this meme? You dont even have to put why if you dont want to. Im curious to know what your answers would be.
It's under: "As suggested by a bookstore clerk".

12:25 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Hi Willowtree; today (Wed. 20) was supposed to be the last day of my T.A. duties and tasks, but we had a (real big, this time) blizzard, which shut everything down, so now my final school tasks will be done by Friday (oh, I really hope!)

Sure, I'll do a meme. I'll go over to GC's blog and take a look at it, and post it to my blog.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home