Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Grazin' In The Grass Is a Gas












Here's a meme suggested to me by Willowtree, and borrowed from God's Child's blog. Firstly, I don't really listen to much current music at all. Someone's blog I was looking at recently said it best, it all pretty much sucks, with a very few exceptions.


1. If your life was made into a movie, what song would play to the opening credits?

Let It Be - The Beatles

Let's do kind of a Beatles theme. I like that one, so I'd probably try to fit it in here. It has a spiritual quality to it; a good guiding song to a life.


2. What was the last song you got stuck in your head? Who sings that one? Do you know all the lyrics or was it just a little part of the chorus?

Grazin' In The Grass - Friends of Distinction

I haven't had a lot of time to listen to much music lately, but I'm a big fan of '70's R&B/Soul music, and this was the last song I think I tried (unsuccessfully) to download. Grazin in the grass is a gas man, can you dig it?


Ooh, Child - The Five Stairsteps

I have to throw in this one too. If I hear it, it sticks in my head, even though I never completely know all of the lyrics.


3. Is there a song you hate? What is it and why?

Do You Really Want To Hurt Me? - Boy George

The answer is, yes.


4. What about instrumental (jazz) versions of popular songs—yay or nay?

I don't know much on this one, but I can say that I don't particularly like those Mannheim Steamroller versions of Christmas songs. Much prefer just the straight, traditional versions.


5. What song makes you just want to get up and dance even when you are feeling shy?

Apache - Grandmaster Flash/Sugar Hill Gang

An old school breakdance song, that makes me want to drop to the floor and spin around, ending up in a freeze pose, even though I never could do any of that stuff.


6. Do you remember the first popular song you were aware of as a child? Tell us. No eency weency spider—a real song by a real artist and not an artist that sang for kids either. I won’t haul out my Sesame Street vinyl if you don’t.

Raindrops Keep Fallin' On My Head - BJ Thomas

I'm not sure if this is it, but I remember singing this in the back seat of my parents car one time.


7. Again, if your life was made into a movie, what song would you want to play to the closing credits? Why?

There Are Places I Remember - The Beatles

I stole that from GC, because it's a good, fitting choice here, and I like that song.

4 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

Frank that was great, I know some of those songs, I remember when we were very small children my sister and I had one of those wind up toy boxes that played Raindrops keep falling on my head- never knew it was a popular song.
I was able to download Grazin' in the Grass, Ive heard it before too. I swear it was on Sesame Street.
Thanks for filling this out, it was good to read. Im still working on mine. Still.

5:31 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

That was a fun meme to fill out. And thanks for sending me that file, Willowtree! I'll bet you did hear that song on Sesame Street at one time. I could just imagine all of those Mupppets singing this song, while dancing around the Friends of Distinction.

10:44 AM  
Blogger Dee said...

hello,
just stopping by
I like your answers. Especially the one about Boy George!

6:29 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Thanks for stopping by, GC, and for the use of your meme.I saw Boy George on TV recently, picking up trash on the side of the highway, as part of community service for some violation. At least he didn't sing while he worked!

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home