Monday, March 06, 2006

THWACK !!!





Has anyone seen the Sonic Drive-In commercials? I usually think they are pretty funny, but the latest one really cracks me up for some reason. It's the two guys at the Sonic drive-thru order box, and these guys are always so, I don't know what you'd call it, "superficial", in their commentaries. Lots of heat and vision, but no light, I guess one could say. In this new one, they're at the box again, and they've just gotten their order. The blond guy's eating his sundae with whipped cream heaped all on top of it, and he's commenting on how they put the whipped cream piled up on there, like it's "magic"; like the magic that he does at the parties that he attends. He says this in an airy, "magical" sort of way, all while waving his hands about. The other, dark haired guy, kind of looks down a little, scratches his forehead slightly, and kind of mumbles hesitantly, in a low voice meant only to be half-heard out loud, " You know what's magic is, is that you get invited to attend any parties", and then they do that big THWACK sound, and put up that big red X over the blond guy that they always do at the end of these commercials. Blond guy, as usual, is completely oblivious to the whole situation and the zinger that he just got thwacked with. This one has me laughing out loud when it comes on.

5 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

We don't have Sonics here. I only see a commercial in passing every now and then on another State's channel. One of my friends asked me about Sonic's drinks once, and I had no idea what he was talking about, and then I asked him about CVS and he had no idea what I was talking about, so we called it even.

5:20 PM  
Blogger Colleen said...

i haven't seen that one yet, but i love the sonic commercials. we actually have one outside of atlanta and i swear to god evertime i see the mini banana split commercial i want to drive way the hell out there and get one

7:46 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

And I think the mini banana splits are only 99 cents, too, Colleen! I have a Sonic 4 blocks away from me.

What is CVS, Willowtree?

10:23 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

CVS is a pharmacy that sells everything Frank. You can buy tvs in there. I mean, small ones, but still.

7:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home