Monday, December 12, 2005

I Wanna Fly Like An Eagle...


...to the sea, fly like an eagle, let my spirit carry me...






The Steve Miller Band
said it best, and yes, I want to fly like an eagle, because I'M FREE! Free from school, that is, for at least a little over one month! I finished up and emailed off a 26 pg. paper to my professor at around 2am Monday morning, and after working on that project for the last several weeks, I can finally now take a little break! I don't want to learn nothing, or know nothing about nothing, for at least one month! I wanna read comic books, watch Jerry Springer, listen to the wise words of Beavis and Butthead, go downtown and hop up and down like a crazy man, spend 40 days and 40 nights in the desert, eat fried peanut butter and banana sandwiches like Elvis, drink out of majestic and stately public water fountains, and generally do everything and anything else anti-intellectual for at least the next about 45 days, and then, when I'm completely sick from all of the debauchery, I might, just might, then be ready to hit the books again. Or, I just might have found a new way of living. As the great Donald Rumsfeld once said about proper troop levels, or presumably the location of weapons of mass destruction, "Who Knows?".

3 Comments:

Blogger Åñèè§å said...

no fly to the moon man lOL....well i think everyone who has a vacation from school is happy....lol....just be careful you poision yourself with that kinda food lol.....yuk!!! lol

10:17 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

It's too late; I've already begun the fried PB & banana binge, I'm on about my 47th one already.

10:34 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Congratulations! A well earned break from teachers and books. Do whatever you want...within the law, hmmm, if you want to that is.

Go easy on the Jerry Springer though, you do want to have some brain cells left when it's time to return.

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home