Wednesday, August 17, 2005

Are You Serious?





Diddy Drops the P.
Tue Aug 16, 7:46 PM ET

"It's the era of Diddy."



So proclaimed the hip-hop impresario formerly known as Sean Combs, Puffy, Puff Daddy and now P. Diddy on Tuesday's Today Show, as he explained that he was changing his name once again.
The rap mogul last switched it up--from Puff Daddy to P. Diddy--in 2001, while seeking a "fresh start" after being acquitted on gun charges.
As for what brought about the latest change in moniker, the entertainer admitted that his previous name change left his fans uncertain of how to address him.

"I felt like the 'P' was getting between me and my fans and now we're closer," Diddy said.
"During concerts, half the crowd is saying 'P. Diddy'--half the crowd is chanting 'Diddy'--now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.'"

He confessed that his unwieldy name was even starting to befuddle him.
"I even started to get confused myself--and when I'd called someone on the telephone it took me a long time to explain who I was. Too long," Diddy told the New York Post.

"One word. Five letters. Period," he added. ....


And we wonder why rap and the corporate hip-hop scene has become so lame, repetitious, boring and stale. Keep keepin' it real, P-Daddy, Puff Diddy, or whoever you are.

9 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

hmmm, what fans?? I think someone is having delusions of grandeur.

The first line was right: Diddy drops the p....

as in- what crap!

3:27 PM  
Blogger Åñèè§å said...

I think its just a way for him to get attention....whatever yes....like that will ever have n e impact on my life....

3:48 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

I'm thinking of changing my name to Phrank, or maybe P. Rank - so I could be closer to my bloggo peoples. Word?

6:43 PM  
Blogger Åñèè§å said...

lol....celebs they just want attention LOL....

7:21 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Well, why go with P. Rank? You might as well just go with Rank straight from the beginning, that way you'll have no confusion later on down the line.
I, myself am considering changing my name to treewillow. That way when my fans are chanting my name, whether they say willowtree or treewillow it will all eventually merge into one.

:p = *Im sticking my tongue out at you, and I dont care that Im grown*

8:49 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Treewillow, and then T. Willowy?
As an fellow emerging celeb, I feel that I should evolve and grow into Rank by starting off first as P. Rank. Also, I've stopped taking showers during this evolutionary time, so that eventually the name, and the man, will become one, and my fans will be able to smell me, a long time before they see me.

(:p) - so much meaning in such a little sign; I never would have guessed it. Thanks for the translation!

12:21 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

hehehehe, ok Rank. your fans will get a two for one deal. Smell and presence.

And I like T. Willowy, I guess all I have to do is schedule the press conferences.

If there's ever any other *this is childish, but im going to do it even though im grown* signals/signs you need to know about, just ask. Im an expert.

T. Willowy
immature language expert

2:44 PM  
Blogger Dee said...

maybe he was writing some rhymes and had trouble fitting his name in.

Closer to the fans. hmmm....eventually he will have no name at all and he will sleep on our couches (those of us who are fans that is).

1:08 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Well, I can think of somethings that rhyme with "Diddy" right away.
(No, no, that's not nice!)

I just think he's an example of the corporate rap scene at its worst, exploitative of a community he's really not a real part of (doesn't he live in the Hamptons these days?).

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home