Wednesday, August 10, 2005

No He Didn't !













Cox News' Ken Herman questions White House Media Rep. Scott McClellan about this photo, taken from a video clip from Jay Leno on July 28th, 2005:
KEN HERMAN: Scott, last night on the Tonight Show, Jay Leno, who apparently is subbing for Johnnie, displayed a video of the President at the Capitol yesterday. In that video, the President walking away from the press lifts his hand and raises a finger. Mr. Leno interpreted it as, shall we say, a finger of hostility. Each of our fingers has a special purpose and meaning in life. (Laughter.) Can you tell us what finger it was he held up?

MR. McCLELLAN: Ken, I'm not even going to dignify that with much of a response. But if someone is misportraying something, that's unfortunate.

KEN HERMAN: Well, it was not a finger of hostility?

MR. McCLELLAN: Ken, I was there with him, and I'm just not going to -- I'm not going to dignify that with a response. I mean, I haven't seen the video that you're talking about, but I know the way the President acts. And if someone is misportraying it, that's unfortunate.


Notice that the answer to the question is not a direct one, and that McClellan also states that he has not actually seen the video. We'll probably never know absolutely for certain, although there are other existing photos out there on the 'Net of Bush flipping off the cameras. This photo is being relayed primarily through the blogosphere, as the regular media seems to be not so interested. I wonder if this is the Christian Conservative version of "Hello"? I don't remember if Jesus ever flipped off his constituents in the Gospels; I'll have to check a little further on that.

Remember, that when Bush flips off the press corps, he is also flipping off those whom the press corps represents, namely the American people. I guess all that common interest in democracy, in what's going on, and so forth, can be bothersome at times.

But, as Bush himself has said in the past, "If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - just so long as I'm the dictator." (December 18, 2000 CNN Transcript)

5 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

I wonder if this is the Christian Conservative version of "Hello"? I don't remember if Jesus ever flipped off his constituents in the Gospels; I'll have to check a little further on that.

hehehehe
hehehehe
hehehehe

8:44 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

I called Jesus on my hotline last night (and conservatives thought only they had the direct line!). He said that he had never flipped anyone off, but this Bush fellow is starting to try his patience...

4:59 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

heeeheee, you know, you might want to guard the fact that you have the Lord's direct line # a secret from the conservatives. They just might force him to change it...or force you to become one of them.
Incidentially, did he have anything to say about the poor lady sitting out there waiting for a meeting with his...noble servant. Where are all of those WWJD? accessories. Looks like dubiya needs reminding.

1:45 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

He said if W. doesn't go and meet with that lady, that then he's goin' to get all Old Testament with him, if you know what I mean.

10:32 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Yes, I think I do. The ground opening up and swallowing him, or perhaps some frogs and boils. Now that would be a sight.

3:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home