Sunday, June 26, 2005

"Nunc Dimittis"

Nunc Dimittis" is the Latin name of a passage in the second chapter of Luke, taken from the first line of this passage:

Lord let your servant go in peace;
your word has been fulfilled;
my own eyes have seen the salvation
which you have prepared in the sight of every people.
A light to reveal you to the nations
and the glory of your people Israel

Please take a look at a powerful story at the following blog:
www.waiterrant.blogspot.com
"Nunc Dimittis"

"Nunc Dimittis", from June 21, 2005

I still have to figure out all of this linking business yet when I have some time, but hopefully this will do for now.

3 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:50 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Sorry about the double post. I tried to do the tag, but it actually did the command instead.
The way I put links in my blog is by using this tag:

< a href = " the web address here " > whatever you want to call the link < / a >

No spaces.

It usually works out, but sometimes...eh, it works out more times than not.

There was a complexity, and a simplicity about that entry that made the whole thing so interesting. I read some of the other entries too, very funny. Thanks for sharing.

9:56 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Thanks for the advice on linking. I'll try this out the next time I need to provide a link.

I found this story at random; actually at a completely different blog which linked to this story, decribed as, "something that will stay with me for a long while", so I checked it out, and indeed it was a powerful story. Mr. Waiter does have some good stories there. I'm going to have post his blog link and yours also on my blog - when I have some time to work on that.

4:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home