Monday, May 21, 2007

Bittersweet Symphony


(The video for this song is great; just a guy walking forward down a busy London street, barely missing bumping into people, and singing these lyrics into the camera...)
Bittersweet Symphony
The Verve

Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this life...
Trying to make ends meet, you're a slave to the money then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down...
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah

No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change,
but I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
But I'm a million different people from one day to the next...
I can't change my mold, no,no,no,no,no,no,no

Well I've never prayed,
But tonight I'm on my knees, yeah
I need to hear some sounds that recognize the pain in me, yeah
I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now
But the airwaves are clean and there's nobody singing to me now

No change, I can't change, I can't change, I can't change,
but I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
I can't change my mold, no,no,no,no,no

Have you ever been down?
I can't change, I can't change...

Cause it's a bittersweet symphony this life
Trying to make ends meet, trying to find somebody then you die
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down...
You know the one that takes you to the places where all the veins meet, yeah

You know I can't change, I can't change, I can't change,
but I'm here in my mold, I am here in my mold
And I'm a million different people from one day to the next
///I can't change my mold, no,no,no,no,no///

(It's justs sex and violence melody and silence)
(It's justs sex and violence melody and silence)
(I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down)
(It justs sex and violence melody and silence)
(I'll take you down the only road I've ever been down)
(Been down)
(Ever been down)
(Ever been down)(Lalalalalalaaaaaaaa...)
(Ever been down)
(Ever been down)
(Have you ever been down?)
(Have you ever been down?)
(Have you ever been down?)

7 Comments:

Blogger Willowtree said...

Added this one to my music folder when I was in college. It's thinking music (that's my feeling about it) something about the violins in the background helps with crisscrossing patterns of thought. And it would help me write my English and Critical Thinking papers. Nothing to it, Im just weird.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

You were probably on to something. They say that music can re-wire the brain in babies and small children. Music can open up different brain pathways so it's no wonder that such a great song helped in writing your papers. I usually have some talk show jabber in the backround for paper writing, 'cause if I like the music being played too much,I'll start (mentally) singing along.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Hehe, I know the mentally singing along part. So I would listen to Enya when it came to English finals. Couldnt understand one damn word she was singing. Perfect.
How's life up your way?

12:47 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Life's not too bad right now; thinking (still) about my thesis, working full-time, and just got back from San Francisco and the Bay area. I'm going to try to blog about that soon. Ostensibly, it was supposed to have something a little to do with "thesis research", but in reality, it was more of just a 3-4 day getaway.

How's it been goin' with you?

9:52 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Not bad you know, just trying to hang in there as much a possible, and trying to see to it that I am not killed, not that I would know if I had failed at that task.
Cool about the getaway, change of venue is always good unless it is prison.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

I saw this today, and had a good chuckle. The graphics person did a great job on this.

http://www.dccomics.com/mad/media/downloads/pirates_poster.jpg

7:15 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Whoa! That's a little scary! I thought they looked familiar, but I had to do a double-take to be sure! Modern day pirates; an appropriate comparison.

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home