Thursday, September 15, 2005

"Yer Doin' A Heck Of A Job, Brownie ! "(Or, I'm Mike Jones!)



I think the title of this post says it all, Bush tells FEMA Director Mike (now universally know as "Brownie") Brown what a great job he was doing as the people died in New Orleans and elsewhere along the Gulf Coast. A Bush appointee with ZERO backround in disaster managemement. That's ZERO backround. But a nice appointment to have if you're a Bush crony, just as long as those nasty storms and such don't blow around too much!

But what does rapper Mike Jones have to do with this? Answer: nothing. But in hearing all about Mike Brown ("Brownie") over the last 2 weeks, I kept thinking about Mike Jones (because of the name similarity, I guess), and his recent hit, "Back Then", which goes a lil' somethin' like this:

"Back then h**s didn't want me, now I'm hot h**s all on me"
Back then h**s didn't want me, now I'm hot h**s all on me - I SAID"...

..."I'm Mike Jones, don't act like you don't know the name
Ain't nuttin changed but my change, I'ma stay the same
I'm Mike Jones, don't act like you don't know the name
Ain't nuttin changed but my change, I'ma stay the same"


I kept hearing that refrain in my mind every time they would bring up FEMA Director Mike "Brownie" Brown.

"I'm Mike Brown, don't act like you don't know the name
Ain't nuttin changed but my change, I'ma stay the same"

I'm Mike Brown, don't act like you don't know the name
Ain't nuttin changed but my change, I'ma stay the same"

Except, I have the feeling that "Mike Brown" is not happy that everyone now knows his name.

Sometimes my mind works in strange ways.

3 Comments:

Blogger car said...

Is this some kind of filthy hippie site. We need to defend our conservative lifestyles and values!

2:17 PM  
Blogger Frank said...

Why lookie here, a Bush crony checking out my site! Brownie's dad?

Probably doesn't believe in science, though.

"Why, a man cain't predict no storms and when theys goin' to hit. That thar only the Almighty cain do!"

Go back in your bomb shelter, get on your kness, and beg yor lord Pat Robertson to forgive you for viewing even for a second this filthy hippie site. Then, give your conservative White House buddy Jeff Gannon a call (Google: Wikipedia Jeff Gannon), and have a great time!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

Is that person's site some kind of weird satire thing? It's not real right? I stopped reading after the profile because it looks like a satirical thing. Someone looking to pick an argument. No one could really be that silly.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home