Thursday, August 03, 2006

I'm Back, Baby!











Well, my laptop got zapped about a week ago, but I am back, baby! At least it seems like it, so far. A couple hundred dollars lighter in the pocket, but I got another laptop from the same Ebay listed company that I bought my first one from a year ago. Let's just say I was downloading at a site which had indicated that the site itself had been corrupted,and was a danger to download from; yet, being the man that I am, I chose to disregard the warning (you don't scare me!). Result, my operating system was zapped from my laptop, which I noticed a few hours later, when I went back to sign on again. I might try to sell that first one back to them at half price; but I've also been thinking of keeping it and installing Linux in it as the new operating system; Linux being essentially free, and with a very good reputation. Not that I know how to do that exactly, but I'm always up for learning something new, and I hear that with Linux, installation is relatively simple.

Now if I can just stop doing things that George would do, I should be ok.

3 Comments:

Blogger Colleen said...

yeah but there is something refreshing about napping under your desk

ya know?

8:54 AM  
Blogger Willowtree said...

I think you'd be ok anyway. George was. No matter how dumb or how much trouble he got into, he managed to be ok. Some way, some form....somehow.

11:40 AM  
Blogger Frank said...

Nappping under my desk; that's one George-ism that I haven't tried....yet.

George and I must be the long lost sons of Mr. Magoo, always skating disaster, barely.

12:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home